|Title:||Spanish Language Instructor and CW Editor|
|Location:||Brunswick (FLETC), GA|
AHA is seeking Spanish Language Instructors to teach special purpose Spanish for Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) Immigration Enforcement Agents (IEAs), to meet Spanish language proficiency requirements. Additionally, the instructors shall recommend and apply revisions to the Government-owned curriculum, and staff the language lab.
1. Be able to provide basic level 1 Spanish instruction that will reinforce the 4 skills of listening, speaking, reading, and writing in Spanish
2. Be able to instruct customized special purpose Spanish vocabulary applicable to IEAs
3. Must possess cultural awareness of Latin America (Primarily Mexico, Central American, and Caribbean)
4. Must understand Spanish "difference data" (Colloquialisms and slang)
5. Must be able to teach, tutor, administer and grade tests and role play in Spanish using the FLETC Spanish Language curriculum
6. Must have a Bachelor degree in a related field with a minimum of 18 semester hours in Spanish
7. Must have 3-5 years of Spanish language instruction experience in an adult-learning environment or in an approved academic setting (colleges, universities or high school)
8. Must have 3-5 years of directly related experience to Foreign-language curriculum revisions and maintenance
9. Must be fluent in Spanish with the ability to read, write, and speak at a level consistent with a person indigenous to the region
10. Must have a working knowledge of English sufficient enough to interact with students and co-workers, and complete instructor tasks
11. Must be able to apply for and pass a thorough security background check and obtain a security clearance, including; fingerprinting, screening foreign national relative or associates, and authorize the release of medical information
12. Must be able to pass the DHS Employment Eligibility Verification (E-Verify) program operated by USCIS to establish work authorization
13. Must be proficient in computer skills and Microsoft Office software
14. Must be able to teach during all 12 months of the year
A Harold + Associates, LLC provides products/services that are considered defense services under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and, therefore, requires applicants to be U.S. Citizens, Permanent Resident Aliens, or protected individuals under 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) (including refugees or asylees). Offers of employment are conditional upon satisfactory completion of pre-employment background verification (including E-Verify).
Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer
If you are a Qualified Individual with a Disability, or a Disabled Veteran, and require assistance in making your application, please contact Ms. Judi McCoy at (904) 337-1201.